Saturday 21 August 2010

CSL Advertising Campaign

There is something that bothers me about the current CSL adverts. For those who don't know, they follow a certain kind of narrative, the story of of a happy couple that is almost from the sofa's point of view. Everything seems to happen around the sofa. Only it starts out well for this couple but things seem to go a bit pair shaped. Its quite bizarre.

This is just one of the adverts. There about 3 or 4 that I have seen and they all seem to follow a similar kind of theme. There are strange parts to each of them that don't seem right for a sofa advert...or any advert for that matter.



It makes me think, did the people making the adverts know what they were doing? Because to me it doesn't seem like a very good idea. It makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable watching these adverts. Its as though they are saying "Our sofas will last longer than your marriage.". It puts me off buying a sofa from this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment