Sunday 14 February 2010

I hate the "Go Compare" Tennor Adverts

I just want to use this blog as a platform to vent my frustrations over the new Go Compare adverts. I simply hate them. For anyone fortunate enough not to have seen them, the basis of all of the adverts is as follows...two people are discussing insurance in any everyday environment "but how do you get the best deal...blah blah???" Then on cue, from out of nowhere and properly randomly, a fat bloke in a tuxedo and a stupid mustache pops up and starts to sing in an opera style some blah blah about the services available on gocompare.com and how amazing it is...i think that is how it goes anyway. By this point i have reached for the remote and hit the mute button with reflexes that would make a ninja cry (this aversion was fine until they started sing-along lyrics on the screen with the adverts) At first I thought they were a bit annoying. But they keep coming on the telly when i least expect it. To me it represents the worst in advertising. Annoying character sings annoying jingle which gets stuck in your head if you lose the remote. I know what some people might say "if you talk about it and the song gets stuck in your head then that must mean the adverts work blah blah" and all that noise...WRONG!!! I hate the adverts so much I never intend on using the website until they ditch the crap adverts. Much like I did with Iceland before they binned Kerry Katona. I don't claim to be an advertising genius by any means. My idea of a good advert is anything with Mr. T in at the moment. I just think that it is a poor attempt to capture the magic that the Compare the Market.com adverts have made with Aleksandr the meerkat. Not a fantastic advert campaign because I imagine that more people compare meerkats than compare the market when they get some down time. But at least the meerkat makes me laugh. I don't even mind the idea of legends of rock and roll trying to sell me insurance...or butter. All I want is a warning that one of those Go Compare adverts is coming on so I know when to leave the room.

I'm not going to put an example video on here right now because I hate the adverts so much. If you have to see it though, hop on YouTube and satisfy your curiosity...I bet you'll only do it the once.

1 comment:

  1. Confused gives us this - nothing like the meerkat or the gocompare tenor
    it pays to be confused advert

    ReplyDelete