Sunday 14 February 2010

Viral Ad Campaigns

looking into the various competition briefs from the D&AD website, I have decided to give some viral marketing a go. De Facto (a company I will be looking into later) have asked for a viral marketing campaign for the Fred Perry Subculture music website. I am looking forward to this as I like the concept of viral marketing and I think it is an interesting style of advertising that suits the modern world we live in. The first thing I decided to do when opting for this breif was to find some really good examples of viral advertising that would help me get in the mood to create my own.

The first ad I remeber seeing from back during my research on my "water" project with Rory. The rough and tumble, handheld camera technique used in this ad almost makes this seem real. apparently, that is what Qucksilver were going for when they made it. You can see how this could be passed around from person to person via e-mail.




This next video is an advert for Volkswagen cars. The idea behind it being to change peoples behaviours for the better. Some point being made about climate change. But illustrating it in a fun and interesting way.



The last is a viral I remember being sent a link to a little while back. A company promoting their guitar tutorials made a simple video of a bloke playing a guitar in an amazing way. The company push the idea that he learnt to do this through their website and hope that others are inspired to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment